Charlotte’s Best 2012 Moments
- Goodbye Occupy! The Occupy Charlotte campsite was evicted on January 30, 2012
- Chiquita relocated its headquarters to the uptown NASCAR plaza in summer 2012.
- UNC Charlotte’s $45 Million Football stadium was completed in September 2012
- LYNX Light Rail BLUE LINE EXTENSION- In October, CATS recieved a full funding grant agreement from the Federal Transit Administration to complete to largest capital transit project in Charlotte history. The construction will break ground in 2013
- Senator John Edwards gave Charlotte a bad name in 2012 by beng exposed by his mistress who lives right around the corner in the Dilworth Neighborhood
- THESE HATERS CANT HOLD ME BACK! —-SIKE RICK ROSS CANCELS CHARLOTTE CONCERT
- Charlotte hosted the Democratic National Convention in September 2012. This event brought thousands of news media, top political figures and celebrities to the region.